The Bedfordshire Regiment in the Great War
'1st Bedfordshires. Part Two: Arras to the Armistice'
By Steven Fuller
Sorry to report that I have no Part Two copies left. If you have trouble finding one elsewhere, please let me know and I will ask the Publisher what options are available
This is the second half of the 1st Battalion's story, covering the period from October 1916 until the end of the war.
In the final two years of the Great War, the 1st Bedfordshires were engaged at the Battle of Arras, the capture of Oppy Wood, several phases of the Third Battle of Ypres 1917 (a.k.a. Passchendaele), the German Spring Offensives and throughout the final '100 Days' of battles in 1918.
They were also among the handful of British divisions rushed to the Italian Front late in 1917 but spent the rest of their time on the Western Front.
256 pages, including photograph section, notes, summarised regimental history from 1688, etc.
Available in quality hardback only.
RRP £19.99 (delivered prices are show in the drop down menu of the order button)
Foreword (by Sir Samuel Whitbread, KCVO)
1. Winter in the Bethune Sector: October 1916 to March 1917
2. The Battle of Arras: 9 April to 16 May 1917
3. The Vimy Sector: 24 April to 3 September 1917
4. The Third Battle of Ypres (1917): 31 July to 10 November 1917
5. The Italian Front: December 1917 to April 1918
6. The German Spring Offensives: March and April 1918
7. Summer in Nieppe Forest: May to August 1918
8. The Second Battle of the Somme (1918): 21 August to 3 September 1918
9. The Battles of the Hindenburg Line: 12 September to 12 October 1918
10. The Final Advance in Picardy: 17 October to 11 November 1918
11. Armistice and beyond
The End of an Era
Notes from the Author
Appendix 1. A Brief History of the Regiment: 1688 to 2013
'1st Bedfordshires. Part One; Mons to the Somme'
Site built by Steven Fuller, 2003 to 2023