The Bedfordshire Regiment in the Great War
1918 War Diary Appendices
[Note that all remarks in squared brackets are my own additions and not part of the original text]
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT Order No 190 Ref Map Sheet 19 SE 1/20,000
1. INTENTION The Battalion will proceed by Route March tomorrow, JANUARY 4th to "J" CAMP. 2. STARTING POINT CROSS ROADS: - W.23.d.3.8. 3. TIME 9.40 a.m. 4. ORDER OF MARCH Hd.Qrs. "A" "B" Drums "C" "D" 5. DRESS will be notified later 6. MEALS Breakfast 7 a.m. Dinners on arrival. 7. TRANSPORT will be Brigaded, and will march under orders of the O.C. 152 Company A.S.C. 8. BAGGAGE All kits, Orderly Room Stores, Company Stores, Mess Boxes, Workshops etc. will be dumped at Q.M.Stores by 6.30 a.m. 9. CAMP The Company Lines must be left clean, also inside of huts; latrines emptied and refuse removed to incinerator by 7 a.m. 10. ADVANCED PARTY One representative for Battn. hd. Qrs. and one per Company will report to 2/Lieut. [D.] DAVIES outside Officers Mess at 8 a.m. and proceed on cycles to the new camp. the Advanced Party will meet the Battalion on its arrival ay J CAMP. 11. SICK will act as loading and unloading party and proceed with the Transport. To report to the Q.M. at 7 a.m. 12. ROAD CONTROL A distance of 100 yards must be maintained between companies 2/LIEUT. [R.A.] STILES will ride 500 yards in front of the Battalion and will warn traffic Control of the approach of the Battalion, and will see that the proper distance is being maintained from the unit in front (12th Middlesex Regiment). 13. REAR PARTY Sergt.WESTON will detail 15 of the R.E.Platoon to clean up the Camp. This party will be under the Battalion Orderly Officer, and will not move off until the Acting Staff Captain has inspected the Camp. (SGD) H.C.BROWNING [Herbert Compton BROWNING, MC] Captain & A/Adjutant 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT MUSKETRY PROGRAMME up to 5th JANUARY, 1918
First Day GROUPING Tests will be given and two Classes formed - one for further instruction in "Grouping" the other "Application". (Note: Those failing to pass the Test in "Grouping" will receive further instruction, before being placed into the other Class.) These two Classes will be carried on throughout the week. LEWIS GUNNERS on range every morning (SGD) H.C.BROWNING [Herbert Compton BROWNING, MC], Capt. & A/Adjt.
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME FROM 5 JANUARY TO 8th JANUARY
Sat: 5th Interior Economy 1 hour Close Order Drill 1 hour Rapid Marching 1 hour Sun: 6th CHURCH PARADE Mon: 7th Musketry 1 hour Close Order Drill 1 hour Rapid Marching 1 hour Tues: 8th Same as for 7th Lectures and Conferences each day. Gas Helmet Drill each day (10 minutes)] Foot washing and rubbing each day (5 minutes) (SGD) H.C.BROWNING [Herbert Compton BROWNING, MC] Captain & A/Adjutant 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR 8th and 9th JANUARY, 1918
8/1/18 "A" Coy 9.30 am to 10.30 am Close Order Drill & Organisation 10.30 am to 11.30 am Platoon in Attack (as a Drill) "B" Coy 9.30 am to 10.30 am Close Order Drill & Organisation 10.30 am to 11.30 am Platoon in Attack (as a Drill) "C" Coy 9.30 am to 10.30 am Platoon in Attack (as a Drill) 12 noon to 1 pm Close Order Drill & Organisation "D" Coy 9.30 am to 10.30 am Platoon in Attack (as a Drill) 12 noon to 1 pm Close Order Drill & Organisation 9//18 "A" Coy 9.30 am to 11.30 am Platoon in Attack (Drill) 12 Noon to 1 pm Close Order Drill & Lecture by M.O. on Care of Feet "B" Coy 9.30 am to 11.30 am Platoon in Attack (Drill) 12 Noon to 1 pm Close Order Drill & Lecture by M.O. on Care of Feet "C" & "D" Coys Same as above, but times reversed NOTES Running Parade 8 a.m. to 8.10 a.m. daily under Platoon Commanders Feet Rubbing 5 minutes daily in billets under Platoon Commanders' supervision. Rapid Loading & Muscle Exercises 15 minutes daily in billets under supervision of Platoon Commanders. All training will be carried out in the neighbourhood of the camp. Previous Training Programmes cancelled (SGD) H.C.BROWNING [Herbert Compton BROWNING, MC], Captain & A/Adjutant 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
54th Trench Mortar Battery Operation Orders 8-1-18
(1) Gun teams will move to the line on the following dates: 11th Royal Fusiliers & 6th Nthants on night of 9th Fusilier Section to consist of L/C Smith L/C Hedgecock Pte.Hopson Pte.Jenner Pte.Joyce Pte.Stacey Pte.O'Shea Pte.Taylor Pte.Howard. Northants Section to consist of: L/C.Wooley L/C.Harrison (12th Mx) Pte.Currall Pte.Hartfree Pte.Williams Pte.Whiting Pte.Turnham Pte.Dunn (11th R.F.) These sections to be at ONDANK SIDING at 11.30 a.m. to entrain at 12 noon for BOEZINGE. They will meet guides at EGYPT HOUSE at 5.30 pm. Each man will carry unconsumed portion of days rations, 2 days rations, iron rations, 2 water bottles & 4 sandbags to be drawn from Battlns. No.26302 L/C.Jolly 6th Nthants will change over with No.7573 L/C.Harrison (12th Middx) at 5 pm 8th inst. (2) 7th Bedford & 12th Middlesex Sections will take over from above at same time date to be notified later. 12th Middlesex Section will move to BABOON CAMP with7th Beds on 10th inst & will be accommodated & rationed by them. They will report to 2nd LT.CURTICE. Bedford Section will consist of: 2nd LT.CURTICE L/C.Reed Pte.Sawkins Pte.Swain Pte.Tatnall Pte.Taylor Pte.Hudson Pte.Chubb (12th Mx) Pte.Harper 12th Middlesex section will consist of: L/C.Jolly (6th Nthants) Pte.Elliott (7th Beds) Pte.Newman (7th Beds) Pte.Pettifer (6th Nhants) Pte.Hedges (12th Mx) Pte.Walden (6th Nhants) Pte.Davey (12th Mx) Pte.Froggart (12th Mx) No.43119 Pte Pettifer & No.30990 Pte.Walden 6th Nthants will report to 2nd LT.CURTICE 7th Beds on 9th inst & be rationed by above Battln. (3) Two guns & 20 boxes of Ammunition will be taken to EGYPT HOUSE from ATN BOMB Store by 5.30 pm of the 9th under Brigade arrangements. (4) Battery Hd.Qtrs will close at "H" Camp at 9 am & reopen at SIGNAL FARM at 12 noon 9th inst. (5) ACKNOWLEDGE VP.Payton, Lt. O.C.54 T.M.B.
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT PROGRAMME OF TRAINING FOR DETAILS AT DUBLIN CAMP FROM 11th to 17th JANUARY, 1918
Jan.11th Close Order Drill 9.30 - 10.30 Rifle Grenade and L.G. Instruction 11 - 1 p.m. Jan.12th Close Order Drill 9.30 - 10.30 Musketry (Range Practise-Grouping) 10.45-12.30 Close Order Drill 12.30 - 1 p.m. Jan.13th SUNDAY Jan.14th Close Order Drill 9.30 - 10.30 Rifle Range - (Grouping) 10.45 - 12 noon Rifle Range and L.G. Instruction 12.15 - 1 p.m. Jan.15th Musketry - (Range - Application) 9.30 - 11.30 Close Order Drill 12 noon - 1 p.m. Jan.16th Rapid Route March (Drill Order) 9.30 - 11 a.m. Musketry 11.15 - 12 noon Close Order Drill 12 noon - 1 p.m. Jan.17th Rifle Grenade and L.G. Practice 9.30 - 11 a.m. Musketry 11.15 - 12.30 Close Order Drill 12.30 - 1 p.m. NOTES Running Parade each day 8 a.m. - 8.10 a.m. Gas Helmet Drill 10 minutes each day. Rapid Loading Practice and Muscle Exercises 10 minutes each day A party of 35 will be sent each day for work on Transport Lines Rifle Grenade Instructor: - L/Cpl.Turner Close Order Drill under R.S.M.Amos. Musketry Instruction under Sgt.T.A.Smith (SGD) H.C.BROWNING [Herbert Compton BROWNING, MC], Captain & A/Adjutant.
7TH (S) Btn Bedfordshire Rgmnt. 7th (S) BN. Bedfordshire Regt. Map Ref. BROEMBEEK Sheet 1/10,000
1. Intention On the night 12th/13th inst. the whole Bde front will be wired. The right sector will be wired by the 12th Middlesex Regt. and the left sector by the 7th Bedfordshire Regt. 2. Wiring Party The party to be detailed by 7th Bedfordshire Regt. will be found by "C" Coy. and will consist of 3 Officers 8 N.C.O's and 72 men. This party will be sub-divided into 4 platoons, each platoon consisting of 2 squads of 1 N.C.O. and 9 men each. The whole party will be under the command of 2nd Lieut N.C.E.COCKBURN [Noel Christy Everist COCKBURN]. 3. Frontage The frontage to be wired is the outpost line from U.6.a.18 to U.6.b.61. Exact position of the wire has been marked out by the 92nd Field Coy. R.E. 4. Tasks Each squad will put up 100 yds of Double Apron wire. Work will commence at 9.30 pm and will be carried on until completed. As soon as the work has been passed as satisfactory by an Officer of the 92nd Coy. R.E. each platoon will return to BABOON CAMP under orders of its platoon Commander. 5. Material All material has been dumped at COLOMBO HO. Each platoon will report here and will pick up one load. A special carrying party of 1 officer and 40 other ranks from the Bde Details will be at the disposal of the O.C. wiring party for the purpose of carrying material from COLOMBO HO to the wiring parties. 6. Guides Each squad will be guided from COLOMBO HO to the left of its task by one of the Bn observers. These observers will subsequently guide the special carrying party to their destination. 7. Covering Party The covering party strength 1 Coy will be found by A Coy. under 2nd Lieut W.CARTER. they will be met by guides on the scale of 1 per platoon supplied by 11th Royal Fusiliers at AJAX HO at 8 pm. They will take up positions as shown on map issued specially to all concerned and will be in position by 9 pm. 8. Stretcher Bearers On the scale of 1 per platoon will be taken by both wiring and covering parties. 9. Action in case of attack by enemy (a) Covering Party: will hold to ground at all costs and under no circumstances are they to withdraw. (b) Wiring Party: will at once lie down directly fire is opened and await orders from their platoon commander. All troops working in the sector will come under the orders of the O.C.Sector. In the event of it becoming necessary to withdraw the wiring party owing to general attack by the enemy, the party will withdraw as complete units under their platoon commanders and proceed to BABOON CAMP via CLARGES ST. 10. Report Centres The covering party and wiring party will both establish report centres at COLOMBO HO. Advanced Bn.H.Qrs will be established at AJAX HO. 11. Completion of Work As soon as the work on either sub sector (ie. West or East of the COLOMBO HO Road) has been completed the O.C. covering party will be informed by the O.C. wiring party and the party covering that sector will be withdrawn. The front line posts and the Advanced Bn. H.Qrs. will be informed as soon as this has been done. 12. Dress Wiring Party Box Respirators and Steel Helmets. Covering Party Battle Order less Haversacks. 13. Lewis Guns will not be taken by the covering party. A.E.Percival, Major [Arthur Ernest PERCIVAL, DSO, MC] Comdg. 7th Bn. Bedford Regt.
BATTALION ORDERS No.5 BY MAJOR A.E.PERCIVAL, M.C. COMMANDING 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT 18/1/18
1. DUTIES Battalion Orderly Officer 2/Lieut.H.W.Haward [Hereward Warren HAWARD]. "D" Coy. 2. INCREASES 2/Lieut.Ernest James SCOTT, embarked 31/12/17, joined Battalion for duty 11/1/18, is taken on strength accordingly. The under mentioned having joined the Battn. on dates stated are taken on strength and posted to companies as under. Joined 9/1/18: 23591 L/Cpl.Brunt, W. "D" Coy. 43153 Pte.Stott, R. "A" Coy. 12730 Pte.Cooper, F. "C" Coy. Joined 11/1/18: 271066 L/Cpl.Brown, F. "A" Coy. 33643 Pte.Judge, W. "D" Coy. 21842 Pte.Stratford, H. "D" Coy. Rejoined 11/1/18: 21546 Pte.Bawden, R. "A" Coy. 6936 Pte.Waldock, G. "B" Coy. 31404 Pte.Shortland, W. "B" Coy. 33769 Pte.Shailer, S. "C" Coy. 13416 Pte.Crossman, A. "C" Coy. 23639 Pte.Richardson, P. "D" Coy. 3. CASUALTIES DECREASES The Commanding Officer regrets to announce the following casualty. KILLED IN ACTION: 43365 L/Cpl.Spinks, C. "B" Coy. 11/1/18 17010 Pte.Ferris, A. "C" Coy. acc. w'ded 13/1/18 41357 Pte.Hemsley, E. "C" Coy. w'ded (self-inflicted) 12/1/18 The under mentioned having been evacuated on dates stated are struck off strength accordingly 16201 Pte.Tyler, B. "A" Coy. 6/1/18 12860 Pte.Goss, W. "A" Coy. 8/1/18 31069 Pte.Burnham, H. "A" Coy. 12/1/18 43153 Pte.Stott, R. "A" Coy 13/1/18. (CORRECTED TO WIA19/1/18; SF) 4. NEW YEAR'S HONOURS His Majesty the KING has been pleased to award the undermentioned Officers the following Decoration in recognition of their valuable Services rendered with the armies in the field during the present war THE MILITARY CROSS: T/Lieut. E.W.Benson (attchd.Sig.Coy.) T/2/Lt. C.A.Lawrence [Charles Alfred LAWRENCE, MC] (Auth: Div. Routine Order No.367 d/9:1:18) 5. PROMOTION T/Lieut.C.A.Lawrence [Charles Alfred LAWRENCE, MC] is hereby authorised to wear the Badges of the higher rank of Captain pending confirmation by superior authority. (Auth: 18th Div.No.19.353 "A" dated 10/1/18. 54th Inf.Bde.No.A/273/3 dated 12/1/18). 6. LEAVE The under mentioned have been granted leave as per dates specified below. 11/1/18-25/1/18 20030 Cpl.Ely, R. "A" Company 15156 L/C.Swain, H. "B" Company 31336 Pte.Phillips, A. "B" Company 30930 Pte.Sains, A. "B" Company 7876 Pte.Cooper, A. "D" Company 12/1/18-26/1/18: 17234 L/C.Abrams, T. "C" Company 15130 L/C.Sturgeon, H. "B" Company 14535 Pte.Haines, G. "B" Company 37079 Dmr.Field, A. "B" Company 14/1/18-28/1/18: 23070 L/C.Weeks, R, "B" Company 26470 Pte.Collins, W., "B" Company 15/1/18-29/1/18: 202387 Pte.Cross, A. "A" Company 200339 Pte.Wordley, W. "A" Company 14237 Pte.Favell, J. "B" Company 16/1/18-30/1/18: 23648 Pte.Walker, J. "A" Company 43306 Pte.Hudson, G. (att.T.M.Btry) 7. HOT COCOA BAR (Extract D.R.O. No.306 dated 8/1/18) A Bar for the sale of hot cocoa and biscuits has been erected at the Divisional Baths ELVERDINGE CHATEAU. Cocoa will be on sale to all men after they have bathed. (Extract D.R.O. No.368 dated 11/1/18) Owing to the continual pilfering of enamelled mugs Os.C.Units are requested to instruct all bathing parties who wish to purchase cocoa to bring canteens with them. (18th Div.No./286 "Q") (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Captain & A/Adjutant 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
BATTALION ORDERS No.6 BY MAJOR A.E.PERCIVAL, M.C. COMMANDING 7th (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT 19/1/18
1. DUTIES Battalion Orderly Officer Lieut.G.D.Leys "D" Coy. 2. REVEILLE Reveille 8 a.m. Breakfast 8.30 a.m. 3. CHURCH PARADE CHURCH OF ENGLAND. Service 10.30 a.m. Minimum number to attend 25 per company. Holy Communion after Service. Dress: - Belt and Bayonet. Place: - To be notified later. 4. DECREASES: Lieut.Col.G.P.Mills, D.S.O. [George Pilkington MILLS, DSO], having been retained in England for employment with the Ministry of Munitions is struck off strength from 23/12/17. (Auth. A.G., G.H.Q., No.A.G./2158/559 (O). 18th Div. 106/165 "A" and 54th Inf.Bde.No.A/218/5). No.37813, Cpl.Machin, G.E. "A" Coy., having been accepted as a candidate for a temporary commission is struck off strength from 23/1/18. (Auth."Sent to England under the terms of M.S.letter No.516/8471 d/6:12:16") The undermentioned having been evacuated on dates stated are struck off strength accordingly. 40496 Pte.Abel, W. "A" Coy. 14/1/18. 39774, Pte.Carter, J. "C" Coy. 16/1/18. 5. CORRECTION: Ref.B.O.No.5.D/18:1:18, para2 delete No.41353 Pte.Stott, R. "A" Company. 6. CASUALTY The Commanding Officer regrets to announce the undermentioned casualty. No.41353, Pte.Stott, R., "A" Company, Wounded in Action 12/1/18. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt.
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT. CHURCH NOTICES
WESLEYAN Morning Service 11 a.m. followed by Holy Communion. Evening Service 5 p.m. The above will be held in Cinema Hall ROMAN CATHOLIC MASS in St.Sixte Convent 10 a.m.
AFTER ORDER TO BATTALION ORDERS No.6 CASUALTIES
The Commanding Officer regrets to announce the following casualties. KILLED IN ACTION: 41567 Pte.Pollard, A. "B" Coy. 15/1/18 WOUNDED IN ACTION 16761 L/C.Brown, A. "C" Coy 13/1/18 41535 Pte.Loveridge, L. "C" Coy 13/1/18 40673 Pte.Aldridge, T. "D" Coy 18/1/18 29327 Pte.Mapley, J. "D" Coy. 18/1/18 41594 Pte.Masters, J. "D" Coy. 18/1/18 29832 Pte.Cakebread, J. "D" Coy. 18/1/18 still at duty 40729 Pte.Henny, J. "D" Coy. 18/1/18 still at duty (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Captain & A/Adjutant. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME 20th - 24th Jan. 1918
Sun 20th 9.30 - 11 a.m. CHURCH PARADE 11.30 - 5 p.m. Bathing & Inspection of Arms, Equipment, etc. Mon 21st 9.30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Kit Inspection and Clothing Parades. Cleaning up & Reorganisation Coy Comdrs. Conference at 11 am 2 - 5 p.m. Games & Recreation. Tues 22nd 9.30 - 11 a.m. Short Route March by Coys. (Drill Order) 11.30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Lecture All Officers in Officers' Mess. 2 - 5 p.m. Games & Recreation. Wed 23rd 9.30 - 11 a.m. "A" & "B" Coys S.P. Attack by Platoons. "C" & "D" Coys. Close Order Drill and Musketry. 11.30 a.m. - 1 p.m. "A" & "B" Coys. Close Order Drill & Musketry. "C" & "D" Coys. S.P.Attack by Platoons 2 - 5 p.m. Games & Recreation. Thurs 24th 9.30 - 11 a.m. "C" & "D" Coys S.P. Attack by Platoons. "A" & "B" Coys. Close Order Drill. Rifle Grenade & L.G. Instruction. 11.30 a.m. - 1 p.m. "A" & "B" Coys. S.P.Attack by Platoons. "C" & "D" Coys. Close Order Drill Rifle Grenade & L.G. Instruction. 2 - 5 p.m. Games & Recreation. NOTES (1) 10 minutes Running Parade daily at 8 a.m. commencing Tuesday 22nd instant (2) Signalling Officer will submit programme of training by 12 noon 21st inst. Signallers will be inspected by the G.O.C. on the 24th instant. (3) 10 minutes feet rubbing drill will be carried out daily commencing 21st instant. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt.
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT APPENDIX TO TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR 20th-24th JANUARY, 1918 TRENCH FOOT PROGRAMME
Jan.21st Wash feet carefully in tepid water (not hot). Dry thoroughly, especially between the toes. Rub vigorously for 10 minutes (each foot) in upward direction, i.e. toward knee, commencing with the calf and working downwards. Put on dry socks. Jan 22nd. As for 21st. Jan 23rd. Use of Pedicuria according to instructions. Jan 24th. As for 21st, but without washing feet. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt & A/Adjt. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
BATTALION ORDERS BY MAJOR A.E.PERCIVAL, M.C. COMMANDING 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT 21/1/18
1. DUTIES Battalion Orderly Officer 2/Lieut.W.Ashton. "C" Coy. 2. REVEILLE Reveille 7.30 a.m. Running Parade under Platoon Commanders 8 a.m. to 8.10 a.m. Breakfast 8.30 a.m. 3. TRAINING 9.15 am - 10.30 am "A" "B" &"C" Coys Route March - Dress: Drill Order 11.15 am - 12.30 pm "D" Coy. Ditto 9.45 a.m. "D" Coy. Inspection of Box Respirators by Bde.Gas Officer. 11.30 a.m. "A"Coy. Ditto "B" &"C" Coys at disposal of Company Commanders. All Coys. ¼ hour Foot rubbing. Company Commanders will attend Orderly Room at 9.30 a.m. Lecture - All Officers - in Officers Mess 12 noon. 4. REVERSION The undermentioned revert to the rank of Private at their own request from 21/1/18 40540 (Pte) U.P.L/C. Croissant, W. "B"Coy. 17518 Paid L/Cpl.Young, C.W. "C" Coy. 5. COURSES Ref.B.O.No.7 dated 20/1/18, para.9. This Course has now been postponed until February 2nd. The undermentioned will stand by, ready to proceed on the following courses at the 9th Squadron R.F.C. "A" Course Assembling Jan.22. Dispersing Jan.25. 16210 L/Cpl.Tucker, H. "A" Coy. Lewis Gnr. 23391 L/Cpl.Brunt, J. "D" Coy. Signaller. "B" Course Assembling Jan.25. Dispersing Jan.28: 13658 Cpl.King, R. "C" Coy. Lewis Gnr. 14775 Pte.Stiles, H. "B" Coy. Signaller. Lewis Gun Officer will arrange to send one Lewis Gun complete with 7 spare magazines and A.A.Sights and arrange to leave same at school for both Courses. 6. BRIGADE SCHOOL The Battn.Orderly Officer will inspect the N.C.O's of the Brigade School at 9.15 a.m. daily. 7. PUNISHMENT No.26680 Pte.Dealey, S. "D" Coy. was this day awarded 14 days F.P.No.1 for "When on Active Service overstaying his leave from 22/12/17 to 1/1/18". 8. TRANSFERS The undermentioned will proceed tomorrow, 22nd instant, to Machine Gun Base Depot, CAMIERS, for transfer to the Tank Corps. Dress: Full Marching Order. One day's rations. Parade at Orderly Room at 8 a.m. 33421 Cpl.Hull, F. "A" Company 17369 Pte.Harrison, W. "A" Company 203281 Pte.Smith, F. "B" Company 21515 Pte.Brock, J. "C" Company 21527 Pte.Livermore, G. "D" Company 9. LEAVE The undermentioned have been granted leave from 23/1/18 to 6/2/18. 2/Lieut.F.J.Kelf 13780 C.Q.M.S.Pollard, P.J.W. "A" Coy. 14811 Pte.Cannon, H.C. "B" Coy. 33769 Pte.Shailer, G. "C" Coy. 2563 Pte.Elliott, W. 54th T.M.B. (att."C" Coy. 7th Beds) (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Captain & A.Adjutant. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
FOOTBALL BRIGADE LEAGUE 7TH BEDFORDS versus 12th MIDDLESEX
Bidmead (A) L/Cpl.Sewell (A) Tingey (B) Sgt.Mears (A) Cpl.Machin (A) Cpl.Spring (H.Q.) Sgt.Reed (A) 2/Lt.Donovan Cpl.Butler (A) Dmr.Clarke (Drums) Dmr.Skipper RESERVES: Defence Sgt.Worrell (B) Sgt.Chapman (C) Forward Pte.Pudney (A) KICK OFF 2 p.m.
BATTALION ORDERS No.9 BY MAJOR A.E.PERCIVAL, M.C. COMMANDING 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT 22/1/18
1. DUTIES Battalion Orderly Officer 2/Lieut.R.S.Heard "D" Coy. 2. REVEILLE Reveille 7.30 a.m. Running Parade under Platoon Cmdrs. 8 a.m. to 8.10 a.m. Breakfast 8.30 a.m. 3. TRAINING As per programme 4. STRENGTH Lieut.B.C.Foster [Bernard C. FOSTER] is struck off the establishment of the Battalion from 18/1/18. (Auth: M.S.Letter to C. in C. No.9518 dated 20/1/18) 5. PROMOTIONS & APPOINTMENTS The Commanding Officer has been pleased to make the following promotions and appointments: 18196 Cpl.L/Sgt.Fitzgerald, G. "B" Coy. to be Sergt. vice 3/8650 Sgt.Byrne, F. "A" Coy. placed on establishment of 2nd Army Musketry School from 26/12/17. To date 27/12/17: 12747 Cpl.L/Sgt.Dring, J. "D" Coy. to be Sergt. vice 22068, Sgt.Ibbs, A. "B" Coy. promoted C.Q.M.S. 1/1/18. To date 1/1/18: 16553 Cpl.L/Sgt.Dawbon, W. "B" Coy. to be Sergt. to complete establishment. To date 23/1/18: 3/8485 Cpl.Renny, W. "B" Coy. appointed Pd.L/Sgt. vice 18196 Cpl.L/Sgt.Fitzgerald, G. "B" Coy. promoted Sergt. 27/12/17. To date 27/12/17: 15196 Cpl.Poole, W.E.G. "A" Coy. apptd Pd.L/Sgt. vice 12747 Cpl.L/Sgt.Dring, J. "D" Coy. promoted Sergt. 2/1/18. To date 2/1/18. 16475 Cpl.Phypers, H. "A" Coy. apptd. Pd.L/Sgt.vice 16553 Cpl.L/Sgt.Dawbon, W. "B" Coy. promoted Sergt. 23/1/18. To date 23/1/18: 15459 L/Cpl.Collins, D. "D" Coy. to be Corpl. to complete establishment. To date 23/1/18. 32728 L/Cpl.Trotman, A.V., "A" Coy. to be Corpl. to complete establishment. To date 23/1/18. 15156 U.P.L/Cpl. Swain, H. "B" Coy. to be Pd.L/Cpl.vice 10231, Pd.L/Cpl.Farminer, W.A. "A" Coy. To England 27/12/17. To date 28/12/17: 15897 U.P.L/Cpl.Jacklin, W. "D" Coy. to be Pd.L/Cpl. vice 15459 Pd.L/Cpl.Collins, D. "D" Coy. promoted Corpl. 23/1/18. To date 23/1/18. 37591 U.P.L/Cpl.Briston, E. "C" Coy. to be Corpl. vice 32728 Pd.L/Cpl.Trotman, A.V. "A" Coy. promoted Corpl 23/1/18. To date 23/1/18. The under mentioned U.P.L/Cpls. are appointed Pd.L/Cpls. to complete establishment. 23/1/18: 240464 U.P.L/Cpl.Rowe, C.B. "D" Coy. 15401 U.P.L/Cpl.Miles, A. "C" Coy. 14852 U.P.L/Cpl.Bull, J.W. "A" Coy. 6. TRANSFERS The following inter-Company transfers on promotion date from 23/1/18. 15459 Corpl.Collins, D "D" Company to "B" Company 15897 L/Cpl.Jacklin, W. "D" Company to "B" Company 37591 L/Cpl.Briston, E. "C" Company to "B" Company 5401 L/Cpl.Miles, A. "C" Company to "B" Company 7. LANYARDS As lanyards have now been issued to every man these must be worn. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT Order no.198 MAP REF: BELGIUM SHEET 28 N.W. BROEMBEEK
1. INTENTION the Battalion will relieve the 7th BUFFS in the afternoon of 24/1/18 at BABOON CAMP. 2. STARTING POINT INTERNATIONAL CORNER STATION. 3. TIME The Battalion will entrain at 12.45 p.m. Companies will be at the station ready to entrain by 12.15 p.m. 4. ORDER OF MARCH Headquarters, "A" "D" "C" "B" Coys 5. DRESS Full Marching Order. Steel helmets will be worn. 6. MEALS Dinners on arrival. Cookers will move off at 8.30 a.m. for BABOON CAMP. 7. TRANSPORT First Line Transport will not move. 8. BAGGAGE Officers Trench Valises will be dumped in WEST end of Officers Mess by 9.30 a.m. Thence will be conveyed by First Line Transport to BABOON CAMP. 1 blanket per man will be dumped by 8 am. 9. DETAILS All Details will proceed to DUBLIN CAMP under C.S.M.Duffen. Parade at Battn. Hd.Qrs. 12.30 pm. The Transport Officer will arrange to convey Blankets, kits etc. All Baggage will be dumped by 9 a.m. "D" Coys. Cooker will proceed with Details. C.S.M.Duffen will be responsible for seeing that the Camp is thoroughly clean before leaving. 10. BILLETS Regimental Lines will be left clean, Latrines disinfected and refuse removed. 11. ADVANCE PARTY One representative per Coy. and one for Battn.Hd.Qrs. will report to 2/Lieut.FLAVELL [Thomas Henry FLAVELL] at the Officers Mess at 8.30 a.m. and proceed to BABOON CAMP and take over from the 7th BUFFS and allot accommodation. 12. SURPLUS KIT No.38 Hut in "J" Camp has been allotted for Surplus Kit. O.C. Details (2/Lieut.D.Davies) will provide a guard. 13. TRENCH MORTAR SECTION Will move under orders from O.C. Bttery. 14. REAR Hd.Qrs. Rear Battalion Hd.Qrs. will be at the Transport Lines, OTTER CAMP. 15. ENTRAINING Lieut.C.D.LEYS will report to a representative of the 54th Inf. Bde at INTERNATIONAL CORNER STATION at 12.10 p.m. with entraining States. Each Company will send a representative to report to Lieut.LEYS at 12.15 p.m. 16. DETAILS FOR LOWER BABOON CAMP The 15 N.C.O's and men detailed from each Coy. will proceed by train at the same time as the Battalion under 2/Lieut.R.S.HEARD. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Captain & A/Adjutant. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT Order No.195 29/1/18 MAP REFERENCE Sheets 27, 28 and 19 1/40,000. HAZEBROUCK 5 a.
1. INTENTION The Battalion will move tomorrow, 30/1/18, by Route March to HEADQUARTERS CAMP. 2. STARTING POINT LARRY CAMP CORNER by Water Tank. 3. TIME 9.15 a.m. 4. ORDER OF MARCH H.Q. "B" "A" "D" "C" Drums will move off with H.Q. After each hourly halt they will drop back one Company. 5. DRESS Battle Order - less Steel Helmets. Box Respirators in the "Alert" position. 6. MEALS Dinners on arrival. Cookers will move off at 7 a.m. from LARRY CAMP. 7. TRANSPORT Transport will move under orders given separately to the Transport Officer. 8. BAGGAGE As much Officers Kit as possible, Orderly Room Stores, Company Stores, Workshops etc. will be dumped by the WATER TANK by 6 a.m. for conveyance by 1st Line transport. the remainder of the Officers Kits, packs, Blankets, etc. will be dumped by 7.30 am at the same place for conveyance by lorry. 9. BILLETS Regimental Lines will be left clean, latrines disinfected and refuse removed. 10. LOADING PARTY The R.S.M. will detail One N.C.O. and 12 men from B.H.Q. to act as loading party. 11. SICK Sick will proceed on the lorries. To be at the WATER TANK at 8 a.m. with their kits. 12. AREA STORES Tables, Forms, Latrine Seats, etc. are to be left in the camp. 13. DISTANCES ON THE MARCH A distance of 100 yards will be kept between Companies and 500 yards between Battalions. 2/Lieut.R.A.Stiles will ride ahead of the Battalion to warn the Traffic Control, and to see that proper distance between unit in front is maintained. 14. ADVANCE PARTY One representative per Company and one for Battalion Hd. Qrs. will report to 2/Lieut. DAVIES at H.Q. Mess at 8 a.m. They will proceed on bicycles to HEADQUARTERS CAMP. 15. REAR PARTY Rear Party consisting of the R.E.Platoon under 2/Lieut. [G.S.] RICHARDS will remain behind to clear up the Camp and will proceed to HEADQUARTERS CAMP. This party will not move off until the Staff Captain is satisfied that the Camp is clean. 16. ACKNOWLEDGE (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT HEADQUARTERS CAMP, KROMBEKE
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME 1st-7th FEBRUARY, 1918
Fri 1st Feb Clothing 9.15 am-10 am "A"; 10-10.45 am "B"; 10.45-11.30 am "C"; 11.30 a.m.-12.15 pm "D"; 12.15-1 pm B.H.Q. Specialists 9.15-10 am "B"; 10-10.45 am - "A"; 10.45-11.30 am "D"; 12.15-1 pm "C" Organisation 9.15-10 am "C"; 10-10.45 am "D"; 11.30 am-12.15 pm "A"; 12.15-1 pm "B" Platoon Close 9.15-10 am "D"; 10-10.45 am "C"; 11.30 am-12.15 pm Order Drill "B"; 12.15-1 pm "A" Sat. 2nd Feb Cleaning Kits 12.15-1 pm All Coys. Marching & Saluting 9.15-10 am All Coys Squad Drill & Speed in turning out 10-10.45 am All Coys Specialists 10.45am-12.15 pm All Companies Sun 3rd Feb CHURCH PARADE and inspection of Lines by Commanding Officer. Mon 4th Feb C.O.'s inspection in organisation 9.15-10 am "D"; 10-10.45 "C"; 11.30 am-12.15 pm "B"; 12.15-1 pm "A" Guard Mtg. 10-10.45 am "D"; 10.45-11.30 am "C"; 11.30 am-12.15 pm "A"; 12.15-1 pm "B" Squad Drill by Sections 9.15-10 am "A" & "D"; 11.30 am-12.15 pm "B" & "C" Platoon Drill 10-10.45 am "A" & "B"; 12.15-1 pm "C" & "D" Tues 5th Feb C.O.'s inspection in turn out 9.15-10 am "A"; 10-10.45 am "B"; 10.45-11.30 pm "C"; 11.30 am-12.15 pm "D"; Squad Drill by Sections 9.15-10 am "C" & "D"; 10.45-11.30 am "A" & "B" Specialists 10-10.45 am "C" & "D"; 11.30 am-12.15 pm "A" & "B" Packing kits Marching and Fighting Order 12.15-1 pm. Wed 6th Feb ROUTE MARCH ALL COMPANIES Fighting Order Thurs 7th Feb Squad Drill by Sections 9.15-10 am "A" & "B"; 11.30 am-12.15 pm "C" & "D" Specialists 9.15-10 am "C"; 10-10.45 am "D"; 11.30 am-12.15 pm "A"; 12.15-1 pm "B" Speed in Turning-Out 9.15-10 am "D"; 10-10.45 am "C"; 11.30 am-12.15 pm "B"; 12.15-1 pm "A" NOTES (1) Running Parade under Platoon Commanders daily 7.45 am- 8 am (2) Specialist Training will be carried out as under BOMBERS Under Coy. arrangements, one Officer per Company RIFLE GRENADIERS being detailed to supervise this training. LEWIS GUNNERS Under Coy. arrangements and in accordance with programme drawn up by Battalion L.G. Officer, who will supervise training. RUNNERS Under Battalion Signal Officer. STRETCHER BEARERS Under Medical Officer. Specialist Classes for backward men will be arranged in each company 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. in each of above subjects and will be supervised by an Officer. Each Company will detail 4 Reserve Stretcher Bearers (including those already semi-trained) to parade under the M.O. at 2 p.m. daily. (3) The object of all training is to be development of smartness, improvement in turn-out and discipline. the men's closest attention is to be obtained so as to prepare their minds to receive advanced instruction in the field. (4) No time is to be wasted when men are on parade. Parades are to be short and pithy. (5) Officers, N.C.O's and men called out by their seniors on parade will always come at the double (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt & A/Adjt. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7TH (S) Bn. BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT Order No.196. REFERENCE: BELGIUM Sheet 10 S.E. 7/2/18
1. INTENTION The Battalion will move to NOYON to the 5th Army by strategical train on the 9th FEBRUARY 1918 2. TIME OF DEPARTURE The Train will leave PROVEN station at 10.40 am. 3. PARADE The R.S.M. will report to the Adjutant with one Marker per Coy. H.Q. and Drums at 7.45 a.m. Coys will march on to their markers at7.50 a.m. on the "Advance" sounding. the Battn will be formed up in Mass ready to march off at 7.55 a.m. 4. DRESS Full Marching Order. Leather jerkins will not be worn. They will be carried on top of the pack. 5. ORDER OF MARCH Hd. Qrs. "D" "A""B""C". 6. ENTRAINING & DETRAINING 2/Lieut.N.C.E.Cockburn [Noel Christy Everard COCKBURN] will act as entraining and detraining Officer. he will proceed to PROVEN one hour before the Battalion to reconnoitre the Station, its approaches and its entraining facilities. He will also arrange for hot tea to be ready on the arrival of the Battalion, when he will report to the Adjutant. On the arrival of the Battalion at the station, one N.C.O. per Company and Hd.Qrs. will report to 2/Lieut.Cockburn [Noel Christy Everard COCKBURN] for instructions regarding trucks and entraining. 7. CYCLIST ORDERLIES The Signalling Officer will detail L/Cpl.Brett and one Runner with bicycles to report to Captain V.D.CORBETT, 12th Middlesex Regiment at PROVEN STATION at 7.40 a.m. L/Cpl.Brett will obtain a marching out state from the Orderly Room and hand it to Capt.Corbett on arrival. 8. RATIONS Every man will carry the unexpended portion of the day's rations, rations for the following day and iron rations. 9. DISCIPLINE (1) Hd.Qrs and "C" Coy. will each detail a picquet of one N.C.O. and 6 men to prevent troops leaving the train without permission during halts (2) All doors on the right hand side of the train must be kept closed. 10. BAGGAGE (1) All Coy. Stores and Workshops will be dumped across the road near Transport Lines by 3 p.m. on the 8th instant. (2) As much Officers Lit and Officers' Mess kit as possible will be dumped at the same place and time. (3) The remainder of the Officers' kits, Bn. O.R. stores will be dumped across the road near the Transport Lines by 5.45 a.m. on the 9th inst. (4) All Lewis Guns & L.G.Equipment, together with Trench Mortars and Vickers Guns and their equipment will be packed on the limbers by 1 p.m. 8/2/18. (5) All Blankets, rolled in bundles of 10, will be dumped at the same place and time. 11. DUMP GUARD The Quartermaster will arrange for a guard over the Battalion dump at PROVEN STATION. he will also arrange to accommodate and ration them. 12. REAR PARTY 2/Lieut.G.S.Richards and 15 N.C.Os and men to be detailed by him from the R.E.Platoon will remain behind to clean up the Camp. They will not move off from the Camp until Lieut.E.D.Alcock, M.C. Staff Captain's representative, is satisfied that the Camp is scrupulously clean. the party will then proceed by No.18 train leaving PROVEN at 1.40 p.m. 13. AREA STORES Stoves, Stove Piping, tables, forms etc., will be handed over to the Camp Warden and a receipt obtained from him. 14. TRANSPORT (1) the Transport will be conveyed on the same train as the personnel of the Battalion. Supply and Baggage Wagons will also move on the same train. (2) The Transport Officer will arrange to move off so as to arrive at PROVEN STATION at 7.40 a.m. (3) Animals will carry the unexpended portion of the day's rations for the following day. (4) Water Carts will travel full. They can be filled at PROVEN, near the station. (5) Animals will be watered before entrainment. (6) Head ropes must be taken for tying up animals in the trucks. (7) Animals will be unharnessed and harness stacked in the middle of the trucks. two men will travel in each truck. (8) Buckets for watering Horses will be taken to water them en route. 15. HALT The train will halt for one hour at TINCQUES, where (1) Horses will be fed and watered. (2) Hot tea will be made and distributed to the men. (3) A Buffet canteen is open for Officers and men. 16. MARCHING OUT STATE Headquarters and Coys. will render an accurate marching out state by 6 p.m. 8/2/18 showing separately the number of Officers, other ranks and bicycles proceeding by train on 9/2/18. This will not include Transport men. The Transport Officer will render a Marching-out state by the same time, showing in detail the number of Officers, other ranks, animals, G.S.Wagons, Limbered G.S.Wagons and two-wheeled carts entraining on 9/2/18. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME 11th-16th FEBRUARY (inclusive)
Mon 11th Feb Drill - Plat & Section 9.15-10.15 am "A" & "B"; 10.15-11.15 am "C"; 11.45 am-1 pm "D"; Inf.Trng.Sec.18.para.2. Guard Mounting 9.15-10.15 am "C"; 10.15-11.15 am "D"; 11.45 am-1 pm "A" & "B"; Specialist Training 9.15-10.15 am "D"; 10.15-11.15 am "A" & "B"; 11.45 am-1 pm "C"; 2-2.45 pm All Coys Tues 12th Feb DRILL - Plat & Section 9.15-10.15 am "C" & "D"; 10.15-11.15 am "A" & "B"; I.T.Sec 73 d Musketry 9.15-10.15 am "A" & "B"; 10.15-11.15 am "C" & "D"; care of arms, aiming Specialist Training 11.45 am-2.45 pm All Coys Wed 13th Feb ROUTE MARCH 9.15-11.15 am ALL COMPANIES Dress: Fighting Order less Steel Helmets Feet Inspection 11.45 am-1 pm All Coys Specialist Training 2-2.45 pm All Coys Thurs 14th Feb DRILL - Platoon 9.15-10.15 am "A" & "B"; 10.15-11.15 "C" & "D"; I.T.Sec 90-93 Musketry 9.15-10.15 am "C" & "D"; 10.15-11.15 am "A" & "B" rapid loading Specialist Training 11.45 am - 1 pm All Coys HALF HOLIDAY 2-2.45 pm Frid 15th Feb DRILL - Platoon 9.15-10.15 am "C" & "D"; 10.15-11.15 am "A" & "B"; I.T.Dec 94 Musketry 9.15-10.15 am "A" & "B"; 10.15-11.15 am "C" & "D" Rapid Aiming Rapid Loading Specialist Training 11.45 am 2.45 pm All Coys Sat. 16th Feb Platoon Str Point 9.15-10.15 am "A" & "B"; 10.15-11.15 am "A" & "B"; Attack 11.45 am - 1 pm "C" & "D" Disposal of Coy. 9.15-10.15 am "C" & "D"; 10.15-11.15 am "C" & "D"; Cmdrs. 11.45 am - 1 pm "A" & "B" HALF HOLIDAY 2-2.45 pm NOTES (1) Running Parade under Platoon Commanders every day 7.45 a.m. to 8 a.m. (2) Specialist training will be carried out as under: - Morning Lewis Gunners, Bomers and Rifle Grenadiers under Company Instructors Afternoon 4 Lewis Gun Instructors per Company report to Cpl.CAMP at "B" Coy. H.Q. for instruction in next day's work. Classes for Backward Lewis Gunners, Bombers and Rifle Grenadiers under Company Instructors (3) N.C.O's CLASSES All N.C.O's of the Tank of Cp. and L/Cpl. not engaged in Specialist Training will parade at 2 p.m. under Coy. Sergt. Majors. (4) SIGNALLERS Signalling Officer will submit programme of training by 6 p.m. 9th instant. (5) SCOUTS AND OBSERVERS 2/Lieut.D.Davies will submit programme of training by 6 p.m. 9th instant. (6) STRETCHER BEARERS Coy. Stretcher Bearers parade at the Medical Inspection Room at 10 a.m. daily. Coy. Reserve Stretcher Bearers parade at Medical inspection Room at 2 p.m. daily.
7TH (S) BATTN. BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT Order No.197 12/2/18
1. INTENTION The Battalion will move tomorrow, 13/2/18 by route march to CAILLOUEL 2. TIME 1 p.m. 3. STARTING POINT Battalion Headquarters 4. DRESS Full Marching Order 5. ORDER OF MARCH Drums H.Qrs. "C" "D" "A" "B" 6. ADVANCE PARTY 2/Lieut.D.DAVIES and the interpreter will report to Capt.J.M.BEASLEY, M.C. at the Area Commandant's Office, BÉTHANCOURT at 10 a.m. 1 N.C.O. per Company and Hd.Qrs. will report to 2/Lieut.DAVIES at the Church, CAILLOUEL, 10.30 a.m. This party will proceed on bicycles. 7. REAR PARTY 2/Lieut.G.S.Richards and the R.E.Platoon will form the rear party. 2/Lieut.Richards will be responsible for seeing that all billets, stables etc. are left clean and then follow on the Battn. at CAILLOUEL. 8. MEALS Dinners 12 noon. Teas on arrival. 9. BAGGAGE All blankets will be dumped on the waste ground by the road close to "B" Coys H.Q. by 10 a.m. All Coy. Stores, Officers Kits, 1 Mess Box per Company and B.H.Q. will be dumped at the same place at 11 a.m. 10. TRANSPORT Transport will move with the Battn. and will march in rear. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT.
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT Order No.198
1. INTENTION The Battalion will move tomorrow 14/2/18 to REMIGNY by route march. 2. STARTING POINT Battalion Headquarters 3. TIME 10 a.m. 4. ORDER OF MARCH Drums, H.Q. "B" "C" "D" "A" 5. DRESS Full Marching Order unless otherwise ordered. 6. DISTANCES Usual distances will be observed until the halt for dinners, after which distances of 300 yards will be observed between platoons. 7. ROUTE Via BÉTHANCOURT - COMMENCHON - VILLEQUIER - FAILLOUEL - JUSSY to REMIGNY 8. MEALS A halt will be made for dinner at about 12.30 p.m. Cookers will leave CAILLOUEL at 9 a.m. The Quartermaster and 2/Lieut.C.H.Pierce [Charles H. PIERCE] will accompany them. 2/Lieut.Pierce [Charles H. PIERCE] will find a suitable spot and then ride back to meet the Battalion and report to the Adjutant. Teas on arrival at destination. 9. ADVANCE PARTY 2/Lieut.D.DAVIES and 1 N.C.O. per Coy. and Hd.Qrs. will leave by bicycles at 9 a.m. for REMIGNY. 10. BAGGAGE All Blankets, Officers Kits, Battn.Ord.Room, Coy. and H.Q. Mess Kit, less one Box each will be dumped at Bn.Ord.Room by 9 a.m. The Officers Mess cart will collect one Mess Box per company at 9.30 a.m. and will proceed to join the Coy. Cookers for dinners en route. 11. TRANSPORT Will move with the Battalion, and will march in rear. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT.
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT Order No.199 REFERENCE: - FRANCE, Sheet, 66.c. ST.QUENTIN.
1. INTENTION The Battalion will move to BÉTHANCOURT on February 26th 1918. 2. TIME In accordance with attached March Table. 3. ORDER OF MARCH Drums, H.Q. "A" "C" "D". "B" Company will move separately. 4. DRESS Full Marching Order, unless otherwise ordered. 5. ROUTE JUSSY - FAILLOUEL - VILLEQUIER-AUMONT - COMMENCHON - BÉTHANCOURT 6. MEALS Dinners at S.13.b.8.1. Teas on arrival. 7. BAGGAGE Blankets, Company Stores, Officers valises, etc. will be dumped at the Cross Roads, near the RECREATION HUT by 7.30 a.m. 8. TRANSPORT Will move in rear of the Battalion and will comply with the March Table. Cookers, Water Carts and the Mess Cart will move off at 7.45 a.m. and halt at S.13.b.8.1. for dinners. 9. TRENCH MORTAR SECTION Will move with the Battalion to BÉTHANCOURT and will then proceed to CREPIGNY. the seven men attached to this Section for training will also proceed with them. All the kits of the above should be kept separate when dumped. 10. REAR PARTY 2/Lieut.G.S.RICHARDS and the R.E.Platoon will form the rear Party. they will move with "B" Company. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt.
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT MARCH TABLE
1. Leave N.13.d.7.8 Time 8 a.m. Distances 300 yards between platoons and each six vehicles Arrive M.10.c.0.0. 2. Leave M.10.c.0.0. Time 10.15 a.m. Distances 100 yards between Companies Arrive S.13.b.8.1. Halt for Dinners 3. Leave S.13.b.8.1 Time 1.30 p.m. Distances 100 yards between Companies Arrive BÉTHANCOURT From: - Officer Commanding 7th (S) Bn. Bedfordshire Regiment. To: - O.C. "B" Company 7th (S) Bn. Bedfordshire Regt. 43rd (Light) Infantry Brigade for information 54th Infantry Brigade for information You will move on 26th instant in accordance with the following March Table: - 4.45 a.m. Leave ABRIS CORSE Distance between Platoons: 300 yards. 6 a.m. Bivouac at REMIGNY (if fine) or occupy "A" Coys. Billets. 7 a.m. Breakfast. 9 a.m. - 12 noon BATHE 12.30 p.m. leave REMIGNY. distance of 300 yards between Platoons as far as JUSSY. 3 p.m. halt for Teas at S.13.b.8.1. 4 p.m. Leave S.13.b.8.1. 6.30 p.m. Arrive BÉTHANCOURT (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME 27th FEBRUARY - 10th MARCH, 1918
Wed. 27th Feb. Complete Inspection of kit equipment and Clothing ALL COMPANIES indents to be rendered to Q.M. by 6 p.m. Training Ground to be reconnoitred by Company Commanders. Thurs. 28th Feb. DRILL - Section and Platoon. 9-10 a.m. All Coys. Musketry 10-11 a.m. All Coys. Section Leading Attack formations 11.15 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. All Coys. Frid. 1st Mar, DRILL - Guard Mounting 9-10 a.m. "D" Coy. 10-11 a.m. "C" Coy. 11.15 a.m. - 12,45 p.m. "A" & "A" Coys. Musketry 9-10 a.m. "A" & "B" 1.15 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. "C" & "D" Platoon in Attack 9-10 a.m. "C" Coy. 10-11 a.m. "A" "B" & "D" Sat. 2nd Mar. C.O's Inspection in Turn-out 9-10 a.m. "A" Coy. 10-11 a.m. "B" Coy. 11.15-11.45 a.m. "C" Coy 11.45 a.m. - 12.15 p.m. "D" Coy 12.15-12.45 p.m. B.H.Q. Musketry 9-10 a.m. "B" & "C" 10-11 a.m. "A" & "D" DRILL - Guard Mounting 9-10 a.m. "D" Coy. 10-11 a.m. "C" Coy. 11.15 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. "A" & "B" Sun. 3rd Mar. Inspection of Billets by Cmdg. Officer ALL COMPANIES. Time to be notified later. Mon. 4th Mar. Platoon Drill 9-10 a.m. All Coys Specialists 10-11 a.m. All Coys. Platoon in Attack 11.15 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. All Coys. Tues. 5th Mar. Musketry 9-10 a.m. All Coys. Specialists 10-11 a.m. All Coys. Platoon in Attack 11.15 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. All Coys. Wed. 6th Mar. ROUTE MARCH 9 - 11.15 a.m. Bn. Hd.Qrs. and All Coys Foot Inspection 11.15 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. All Coys. Thurs. 7th Mar. Musketry 9-10 a.m. All Coys Specialists 10-11 a.m. All Coys. Counter Attack Formations 11.15 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. All Coys. Frid. 8th Mar. Guard Mounting Rifle Gr. Firing Platoon Competition Srt. Pt. Attack Rapid Loading BATTALION ASSAULT AT ARMS Sat. 9th Mar. Platoon Drill 9-10 a.m. "A" & "B" 10-11 a.m. "C" & "D" Musketry 9-10 a.m. "C" & "D" 10-11 a.m. "A" & "B" Specialists 11.15 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. All Coys. The time 2 p.m. to 2.45 p.m. will be devoted to Instructors' Classes as per Appendix "A" remainder of Coys. at disposal of Company Commanders
APPENDIX "A" INSTRUCTORS CLASSES
1. LEWIS GUNS The 4 N.C.Os detailed for the Lewis Gun Course will report to 2/Lieut.HAWARD [Hereward Warren HAWARD] at Bn.Hd.Qrs. daily at 9.30 a.m. Each of these N.C.Os will take a class consisting of the four Lewis Gun Section Commanders, or No.1 in his Company at 2 p.m. daily, and will instruct them in the work for the following day. These Classes commence on the 28th inst. 2. DRILL The R.S.M. will form a Class of all L/Cpls for instruction in Close Order Drill. Duties of N.C.O's etc. Those detailed in No.1 above will not attend this. This Class will commence on the 28th instant. 3. MUSKETRY Each Company will organise a Class to commence on 4th March, for all Sergeants and Corporals in their Company. The Instructors will be those Officers and N.C.Os who have attended the Brigade School
APPENDIX "B" NOTES
1. Running Parade daily under Platoon Commanders 7.30 a.m. to 7.45 a.m. 2. Signalling Officer will submit by 9 a.m. 27th instant, programme of training for Signallers. 3. Stretcher Bearers will report to the M.O. daily at 10 a.m. Reserve Stretcher Bearers (4 per Company) at 2 p.m. 4. Company Commanders Conference at Hd. Qr. Officers Mess daily at 6 p.m. to discuss following day's work. 5. Training to be concentrated on (a) Development of Discipline, (b) Section Leading, (c) Musketry - Spirit of the Rifle, (d) Lewis Gun Training. 6. MUSKETRY will take the form of Rapid Aiming, rapid Loading, and Fire Discipline Practices. 7. Tactical Exercises for all available Officers will be held daily at 2 p.m. commencing 4th March. (sgd) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt.7th (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT Order No.200 MAP REFERENCES Sheets: ST.QUENTIN FRANCE 70 D & E
1. INTENTION The Battalion will move tomorrow 28/2/18 to ROUEZ. "C" Company will be billeted at NOUREUIL. 2. TIME 2 p.m. 3. STARTING POINT Sheet 70 N. F.14.a.3.4. 4. ORDER OF MARCH Drums Hd.Qrs. "D" "A" "B" "C" Coys. 5. DISTANCES A distance of 100 yards will be maintained between Companies. 6. DRESS Battle Order. Soft Caps will be worn. Steel Helmets on the Haversack. 7. ADVANCE PARTY 2/Lieut.D.Davies and 1 N.C.O. per Company and Hd.Qrs. will proceed to ROUEZ t o allot the billets. This party will leave Battn. Hd.Qrs. at 9 a.m. on bicycles. 8. BAGGAGE All Blankets, Company Stores, 1 Mess Box per Company will be dumped at the Cross Roads opposite "A" Coys Hd.Qrs. at 8.30 a.m. Packs, Officers Kits, Battn. Ord.Room Boxes will be dumped at the same place by 10 a.m. 9. TRANSPORT Will move in rear of the Battalion. 10. REAR PARTY 2/Lieut.G.S.Richards and the R.E.Platoon will form the rear party. 2/Lieut.G.S.Richards will be responsible for seeing that all billets are left perfectly clean. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt. & A/Adjt. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT FRANCE SHEETS 66 D. 70 D. 66 etc. ACTION OF THE BATTALION WHILE THE BRIGADE IS BRIGADE IN CORPS RESERVE
1. While the 54th Infantry Brigade is Brigade in Corps Reserve it may be warned to be in a state of readiness to move at 15 minutes notice. On this notice being issued, the following action will be taken: - [C omment: Order details removed, but include water supplies, ammo, routes to take, etc.] sig COMMANDING 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7th (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME OF WORK FOR WEEK ENDING MARCH 16th
As the Battalion will probably be chiefly employed on Working Parties, specialist training will be carried on as follows: - MUSKETRY. 1 N.C.O. per platoon under 2/Lieut.R.S.Heard. RIFLE GRENADIERS 1 N.C.O. per platoon under L/C.Turner. LEWIS GUNS 1 N.C.O. per platoon under 2/Lieut.Haward [Hereward Warren HAWARD] and also one complete Lewis Gun Section per Company in rotation. SIGNALLERS All available Battalion and Company Signallers under 2/Lieut.T.H.Flavell [Thomas Henry FLAVELL]. STRETCHER BEARERS Permanent and Reserve Stretcher Bearers on alternate days under the Medical Officer. Time of Training: - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. except for Stretcher Bearers, who commence at 10 a.m. Any other available men will parade for MUSKETRY instruction (including firing on the range) under Sergt.Kitchener. (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS, Capt.& A/Adjt.
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT SHEETS 70 D.N.W. 66 C. DETAILS ORDER No.1
1. INTENTION The Battalion Details will be formed into 4 Platoons, a Drummer Platoon and a Hd.Qr.Platoon, and will take up a position at 10 minutes notice on the following lines: - "C" Platoon will hold the Trench which was pointed out at the reconnaissance, running through S.29.c. "B" Company will be echeloned 100 yards on and on "C" Platoon's left to the road about S.29.b.5.6. "D" Company will form the left flank on the road near S.29.b.5.6. in the trenches reconnoitred this afternoon, to about S.29.a.1.9. "A" Company will be in support of "C" Company's right flank, and will take up a position about A.4.b.9.7., with one section in advance keeping in touch with "C" Coys. right flank, and one section acting as patrol on the eastern outskirts of NOUREUIL, and two sections in Sunken Road in S.28.d. The Drums will occupy the trench running through S.28.c.7.5. to S.28.a. central. The Shoemakers Tailors, etc. will hold the redoubt on the top of the hill in S.28.c.7.4. HEADQUARTERS will be at S.28.c.7.7. in the dugout on the crest of the hill. (Order Details removed, but includes timing, order of march, baggage, etc.) (sgd) W.J.W.COLLEY [William Joseph Wellesley COLLEY, MC & Bar], Capt. 2nd in Command, 7th (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7th (S) Bn.Bedfordshire Regt.
I. The Battalion will move to BOUTILLERIE today. II. Starting Point H.Q.Officers Mess. III. Time 2.30 P.M. IV. Order of March: H.Q., "B", "D", "A", "C". V. Dress Battle Order, Steel Helmets, Blankets rolled over right shoulder. VI. 1st Line Transport will be Brigaded and will pass starting point at 3.40 P.M. VII. Lewis Gun Limbers, Tool Carts, Cookers, Officers Mess cart will report at the MARIE [sic] at 1.30 P.M. All Lewis Guns and drums, Tools, Cooking Utensils, Officers Mess Kit etc. will be dumped at the MARIE by this hour. The R.S.M. will be responsible for the loading of the Wagons. On arrival in the new area Coys will immediately send one runner to Bn.H.Q. who knows the position of his Coy.H.Q. (SGD) H.C.BROWNING [Herbert Compton BROWNING, MC], Capt. & Adjt. 9/4/18 7th (S) Bn. Bedfordshire Regt. BOUTILLERIE
7th Battalion Bedfordshire Regiment 4/5/18 Order No.1
1. The Battalion will embus tomorrow 5-5-18 for the forward area. 2. Head of Bus Column will be at Fork Roads WARLUS H.20.c.7.8. facing the tail of the column 1 mile N of CAMPS EN AMIÉNOIS. 3. Time of embussing 9-30 a.m. 4. 2/Lt[s] King, Smith and party of 10 men from Snipers and Scouts will meet Lt.Margoliouth at head of Column at 8.15 a.m. for allotting busses with the exact strength of embussing. 5. Starting Point X Roads in Centre of ETRÉJUST. Time 7 a.m. Order of March. H.Q. A. B. C. and D Coys. Hd Qrs and D Coy will parade ready to move off at 6.30 a.m. DRESS. Fighting Order. Steel helmets must be worn. 6. Surplus Battle personnel proceeding to Corps Reinf Camp will now proceed by lorry. They will march as a separate unit as far as embussing point where Lt Tebb will report to Lieut Margoliouth. Kits of above personnel will be collected by lorry reporting to BDE H.Qrs. at 8.a.m. They will be stacked respectively at Bn H.Q. and A Coy H.Qrs. D and A Coy will each leave 1 man in charge. 7. 2/Lt [D.] Davies and 1 o.r. to be detailed by him will be at Bde H.Qrs at 8.a.m. to report to Staff Captain for Billeting. 8. Refilling Point 5-5-18 will be at X Roads N of MONTIGNY B.11.d.8.2. Sheet 62 d) Time 3 p.m. REVEILLE 5 a.m. BREAKFAST 5.45 a.m. ACKNOWLEDGE (SGD) A.W.G.SMITH. 2/Lieut and A/Adjt. 7th Battalion Bedfordshire Regiment
7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT 6-5-18 ORDER NO.2
1. the Battalion will relieve the 21st London Regiment in the line tonight and will be in Brigade Reserve. "A" Coy. 7th Bedfords will relieve "A" 21st London Regt. in HILL ROW. "B" Coy. 7th Bedfords will relieve "B" 21st London Regt. in DARLING SUPPORT "C" Coy. 7th Bedfords will relieve "C" 21st London Regt. in VILLA RESERVE "D" Coy. 7th Bedfords will relieve "D" 21st London Regt. in COPSE TRENCH. Battalion Headquarters will be in LAVIÉVILLE at D.11.a.0.8. 2. Guides on the scale of 3 per Bn.Hd.Qrs and 1 per Coy.H.Q. and 1 per platoon will meet the Battalion at the Chateau Gates, HÉNENCOURT. TIME: - 8.45 p.m. 3. Starting Point. Church WARLOY [-BAILLON] Starting Time 7.45 p.m. Order of March "A" "B" "C" "D" and HdQrs. Companies will move by platoons at 100 intervals. 4. The 2 Lewis Gun Fighting Limbers will be loaded with Guns and Drums required for the line and will move off at 7.30 p.m. and proceed to the Chateau HÉNENCOURT where guns and drums will be picked up by Companies. 5. RATIONS. Cooking for Headquarters "C" and "D" Companies will be done at LAVIÉVILLE. T.O. will arrange to send up a limber with the necessary cooking utensils. Hot meals for "A" and "B" Companies will be taken up at night for this purpose the T.O. will arrange to send Two Cookers and one Watercart to a point to be reconnoitred in the valley West of LAVIÉVILLE. Companies will arrange for hot tea to be supplied at about 2.0 a.m. 6. WATER. Water for drinking purposes will be drawn from a well in LAVIÉVILLE. The Medical Officer will arrange to have this chlorinated before issue. The T.O. will arrange to send up 50 petrol tins for this purpose. These will be dumped at Bn.HdQrs. 7. T.M.B. The T.M.Officer will accompany the Battalion tonight. The T.M.Section will remain at "B" echelon until positions have been reconnoitred. 8. The R.E.Platoon will remain at "B" Echelon for the present. 2/Lt.C.S.Richards will report at BnHdQrs. at 2.0 p.m. tomorrow for instructions. 9. PIONEERS (1 N.C.O. and 4 men) will accompany the Battalion, remainder will remain with "B" Echelon. 10. The Medical Officer will immediately after relief have a careful inspection carried out of all Anti-Gas appliances and will render a report showing that material required by 12 noon tomorrow. 11. KITS. Officers trench kits, Mess Boxes etc., will be dumped at BnHdQrs by 8.30 p.m. T.O. will arrange to have these conveyed to Bn.HdQrs in the line LAVIÉVILLE. The R.S.M. and one senior N.C.O. per Company will proceed to LAVIÉVILLE this evening and will carefully take over and check all trench stores. Lists will be made in duplicate and signed by the Coy.Comdr. on arrival. Duplicates will be sent in to BnHdQrs as early as possible. 12. Completion of Relief will be reported by name of Company Commander. ACKNOWLEDGE. (SGD). A.W.G.SMITH. 2/LT AND A/AJT. 7TH (S) BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
7th (S) Bn.Bedford Regt. O.O.No.3 REF.MAP 52D.N. 1/20.000 13-5-18
1. The 7th Bedfords will relieve the 7th Buffs in the LAVIÉVILLE line tonight. 2. Companies 7th Bedfords will relieve corresponding Companies of the 7th Buffs. 3. Guides will be arranged between Company Commanders. "D" Coy 7th Buffs will move from present position at 9.30 p.m. "A", "B" & "C" Coys will move from present position at 10.P.M. 100 yards distance between platoons must be maintained when moving to new positions. 4. All Trench stores including S.A.A. bombs, S.O.S. signals etc. will be handed over on relief. Red & Green very lights, however will be brought out and not handed over. Lists of stores handed over and taken over will be forwarded to the Adjutant by 12 noon 14th inst. together with disposition map. Care must be taken, however, that the proper number of picks and shovels and all petrol tins (other than trench stores) are taken out on relief - also one bomb per man. 5. The fatigue party on the dug-outs at D.5.d.2.2. will be found by "C" Coy. 7th Buffs. 6. Lewis Guns & drums will be carried by Lewis Gun sections. 7. rations for "B", "C" & "D" Coys will be dumped at D.16.c.2.3. at 12 midnight. Dinners will also be ready at that hour. Dinners - rations & water for "A" Coy. will be at D.17.c.7.4. at 12.30 A.M. "A" Coy will arrange to have carrying party ready at that hour. 8. Arrangements for meals will be as under: - "A" & "B" Coys: - Dinner 9.P.M. Tea 2.30 A.M. (B Coy may also arrange for tea at 9 AM on misty mornings only). "C" & "D" Coys; - meals as usual. "C" Coys ration party, must however, keep to the trench all the way. 9. Stokes mortars will take up a position on relief at about D.16.c.4.7. and will cover the valley about D.16.d.9.9. 10. Bn H.Q. will be at D.9.b.5.6. 11. Completion of relief will be notified by lamp or runner to Bn.H.Q. D.4.c.1.1. via B'de visual station by quoting the name of the Coy.Commander. (SGD) H.SEYS PHILLIPS Capt. & Adjt. 7th Bn.Bedfordshire Regiment
Operation Order No.5 Reference Sheet 62 D.W. 16/5/18
I. INTENTION "A", "B" & "C" Companies will be withdrawn from the LAVIÉVILLE line this morning. "D" Company and all Lewis Guns of "B" & "C" Companies with teams of 2 men per gun will remain in position until relieved at night by the 11th Royal Fusiliers. II. WITHDRAWAL Companies will move off as under: - "A" Company 8 a.m. "B" Company 8.30 a.m. "C" Company 9.0 a.m. Battn.H.Q. 10.0 a.m. They will move by platoon at 5 minute intervals and must take every advantage of the cover of low ground. Platoons will proceed to the windmill at D.1.a.7.0. where a guide will direct them to the Details Camp. III. COMMAND "A", "B" & "C" Companies will each leave behind one Officer to hand over the company sector and Trench Stores to the Royal Fusiliers. They will meet representatives of the R.F. at D.16.c.0.2. at 11 a.m. The Officers representing "B" & "C" Companies will remain until their Lewis Guns are relieved. IV. RATIONS Breakfasts will be consumed before moving. Extra rations and cooking utensils will be taken back on two limbers which will report at D.16.c.0.2 at 8 a.m. the Cookers & Watercart will leave at 9 a.m. & proceed to the Transport Lines. "D" Company will retain the tea ration & dixies to give the men a hot tea at night. Limbers for Lewis Guns of "B", "C" & "D" Companies and D Company's cooking utensils will report at D.16.c.0.2. at 9 p.m. The Mess Cart will report at B.H.Q. at 10 a.m. V. TOOLS Platoons leaving the line must be complete with picks & shovels. Petrol tins will be placed in the watercart at 8 am Companies must endeavour to collect as many of these as possible. VI. BATHS Companies will bathe this afternoon under arrangements to be made by the Adjutant. VII. RELIEF "D" Company will be relieved by "D" Company, 11th R.F. tonight. Guides on the scale of 1 per C.H.Q. & 1 per platoon will be at D.16.c.0.2. at 9.30 p.m. On relief the Company will proceed to D.16.c.0.2. where tea will be provided & will then march to the Details Camp. Lewis Guns of "B" & "C" Coys. will be relieved by "B" & "C" Companies 11th R.F. VIII. REPORTS "A", "B" & "C" Companies will each send one representative to report to Battalion Headquarters when they have been withdrawn. IX. HEADQUARTERS Battalion Headquarters will close at D.9.b.5.6. at 11 am and re-open at Details Camp at the same time. X. MEDICAL ARRANGEMENTSThe Medical Officer will leave at 9.0 a.m. but will leave sufficient medical staff to deal with casualties till after "D" Coy. is relieved. XI. ACKNOWLEDGE. (s) H.Seys Phillips Capt. & A/Adjt. 7th BATTALION BEDFORDSHIRE REGIMENT
ORDER No.5 Map Reference. 62D N.E. 17/5/18
1. INTENTION The Battalion will relieve the 10th Battn ESSEX REGT in the left sub sector of the right sector of the Divisional front tonight. 2. DISPOSITION "B" Coy will take over the front line. "D" Coy will be in Support and "A" and "C" Coys will be the counter attack Coys. 3. TIME Coys will leave Camp at the following times: - "B" Coy 9.15 p.m. "D" Coy. 9.30 p.m. "A" Coy 9.45 p.m. "C" Coy 10.0 p.m. H.Qrs 10.15 p.m. Platoons will move off at intervals of 2 minutes. 4. ROUTE. D.1.a.6.1 D.7.d.5.9. D.14.a.1.7. D.14.c.6.7. D.20.b.6.3. thence along main AMIENS ALBERT Road to D.21.b.0.8. 5. GUIDES Guides on the scale given to O.C.Companies at the conference this afternoon will meet the Battn. at D.21.b.0.8. 6. TRENCH MORTARS the Trench Mortars Section will relieve under orders from O.C. 54 T.M.B. 7. TRENCH STORES All trench Stores, Maps, aeroplane photos, S.O.S. Rockets etc will be taken over. Copies of receipts given will be sent in to Bn H Qrs by 4 a.m. 8. COMPLETION OF RELIEF Completion of relief will be reported to Bn Hd Qrs by giving the name of the Officer Commanding the Coy. 9. ACKNOWLEDGE (SGD) H.SEYS-PHILLIPS. Capt and A.Adjt. 7th Battalion Bedfordshire Regiment
Site built by and © Steven Fuller, 2003 to 2017